The grill is calling! And we’re more than willing to answer.
Our culinary star vegetable guest this summer is corn. A universally popular grain, which is not only versatile, but also scores with grandiose nutrients.
100g of corn already covers a third of our daily requirement of magnesium, a mineral particularly important for well-functioning muscles and an intact nervous system. In addition, corn regulates the fluid balance and supports our bodies in regulating blood pressure.
But most importantly, corn is delicious! It tastes particularly good from the grill and even more so in combination with juicy beef and classy pepperoncini butter. You want proof? Then get out the grill tongs!
Grilled steak and corn skewers with pepperoncini butter
For the skewers
- 400 g beef sirloin steak
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Lemon zest
- 2 whole ears of corn
- 1 onion
For the pepperoncini butter
- 250 g butter softened
- 4-6 pepperoncini depending on the desired level of spiciness
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- Wash the meat, pat dry and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour olive oil into a medium-sized bowl. Roughly chop the rosemary, pluck the thyme leaves from the stalks, press the garlic cloves and add to the oil together with the lemon zest. Season the herb marinade with a little pepper and stir well.
- Now place the meat in the marinade, mix evenly and leave covered for at least an hour in the fridge.
- In the meantime, prepare the pepperoncini butter. Put the butter in a medium-sized bowl. Finely chop the pepperoncini and add to the butter along with the pressed clove of garlic and lemon zest. Stir the pepperoncini butter well, season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
- Pre-cook the corn on the cob on the preheated grill for approx. 10-15 minutes, allow to cool briefly and cut into wheels.
- Cut the onion into eighths and set aside.
- Now thread the corn wheels, pieces of onion and meat alternately onto the skewers.
- Grill the skewers evenly on all sides for approx. 10 minutes.
- Salt the skewers and serve together with the pepperoncini butter.